Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Chapter 7 Reflection

Chapter 7 Reflection

This chapter was about the internet and the World Wide Web. It explained what the internet is and hoe people get connected. One term that I had heard before but really never knew what it meant was modem which is needed to convert signals from digital to analog. It also talked about the different ways people communicate with each other using the internet such as email, discussions or chats, instant messaging, and video chats. I was able to experience a video chat the just the other day. My sister was setting up a web cam on our house computer so that she would be able to chat with my mom while she is away at school. Her and I sat on it for while talking, I just thought it was so neat, it was like talking too her face to face. It is just so amazing all of the multimedia that is available on the web, from virtual reality to different search engines. In my classroom I will try to incorporate different aspects of the web in each of the lessons that I teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment