Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Chapter 11 Reflection

Chapter 11 Reflection

This chapter is about issues in implementing technology in schools. The Children’s Privacy Protection Act was passed in 1998 to protect children’s privacy when using the internet. This act protects their names, addresses, pictures, and work. Then the chapter goes on to talk about what acceptable use which protects students from inappropriate behaviors and information using technology. I was in a social studies classroom and I was working on a presentation, I wanted to incorporate a Youtube video but since that was one of the sites that were blocked I couldn’t. Then, later I stumbled across teachertube which had so many education videos that I was able to show my students. With the experience that I have I feel that students are very protected when it comes to the sites that are blocked on the computers. I wish that all schools had the same access to technology. After taking this course I have defiantly understood better the reason why technology should be implemented into the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment