Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Chapter 3 Reflection

Chapter 3 Reflection

As I read through the chapter and viewed the PowerPoint it gave me a nice refreshment of terms that I had forgotten while also giving me the terms of things that I had not known. Like for example the difference between a Laser printer and an Ink-jet printer. The other thing that I learned was the different Data Storage Sizes that computers have. It amazed me that 1 gigabyte can hold 1 million pages of typed, double-spaced, text. Also I learned of all of the different storage devices that can be used and how they work along with what they can hold. When I am saving something on a storage device I use a USB Flash Drive to save my papers, PowerPoint just anything that would be important just in case my laptop were to crash. I use CD/DVDs to store songs, pictures, and video clips on. For, my future classes I would make sure that my students had a better understanding of the difference between hardware and software. That hardware is the physical components of a computer and software is all the programs telling the computer how to perform its task. In my classroom I will make sure that my students have a good understanding of the basics of how a computer works.

No comments:

Post a Comment