Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Chapter 10 Reflection

Chapter 10 Reflection

I thought that this chapter was very interesting to read. It is about Distance Education and using technology to redefine the classroom. Basically distance education is the delivery of instruction to students who are separated from their teacher by time and location. It is a way for students to get an education and also pursue dreams such as figure skating, which is a very time consuming sport. This class is only my third class that I have experienced with distance education. Form my experience I much rather be in a classroom with the professor, but that is just how I learn better. Many classrooms have their students use the internet to post certain things if it’s a question or homework assignment. The video that talked about virtual schools I thought was neat. I never knew that there were actual schools you could attend and learn strictly online. Also in that video they discussed blending which is virtual and in the classroom which I really agreed with that concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment